Wednesday 3 June 2015

Retro FABulousness

Fab friend
Hey!

Wowzers! June already? How did that happen? I seem to be a record stuck on repeat but I'll say it again, this year is zooming by. But a new month means some new sneaky peeks of Clearly Besotted goodies available for purchase from 5th June 10pm (UK time). So, let's get started!

I'm a day late to the sneaky peeks but I'm hoping today's FAB card will make up for it. Yup, I've been busy playing with the new On The Beach die set to create some iced lollies (or popsicles as some of you may call them!) that bring back fond memories. I have a weakness for Fab lollies and this hasn't been the first time I've managed to incorporate them into my papercrafting - check out my previous take on this yummy treat here.  I was always a fan of Fab lollies when I was younger and would insist on following a routine of picking all the chocolate from the top, then eating the softer white layer leaving the red icy bit for last. Please tell me I'm not the only one that did, and maybe still does this!

Fab friend close up lollies

Sorry, I digress! Enough trips down memory lane, more about the card. Those lollies were so easy to create: I simply die-cut the lolly a few times from white, pink and brown cardstock, chopped them up and pieced them together! The hundreds and thousands are represented by teeny tiny gems that I coloured with my ProMarkers and I added some icy shimmer to them using a clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen.

Fab friend close up

I was originally going to go very plain with this design but thought I'd inject a little more summer fun with the a double-sided sheet of Yum 12x12" BoBunny paper from the new #ForeverYoung collection. I then added a little more retro fun to the design by creating a customised sentiment using my Dymo label writer. :)

I hope today's card just goes to show how versatile the dies are that co-ordinate with the wonderful stamps from Clearly Besotted. I'll be back tomorrow with more sneaky peeks but until then, pop across to Stephanie's at CB HQ to check out some FABulous projects from the FABulous Design Team!

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a FABulous today! :D

Signature2

13 comments:

Sue said...

I LOVE this! Your FAB lollies look good enough to eat and the colourful design is just perfect!
Sue xx

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow, they look fabulous and good enough to eat !

Katie said...

Love this card and love the sparkles and bright colours.

Michelle Short said...

LOVE this Aimes! What a FAB idea! ;) I still eat my Fab lollies like that! Great card xx

Ruth said...

Oh they are so yummy! And no, you're not weird, I used to do the same! Love the Dymo label - brings back fond memories of using a Dymo Braille label writer where I used to work :). Love you card x

Cornelie said...

Just want to eat this ice creams. What a great card!!!

Unknown said...

That's the ONLY way to eat a Fab!!!!!
Great card!

Unknown said...

Hey Aimes,
Without a doubt you are not the only one that did this ;)
Very nice and colourful card!

^LM
DymoSupport

Leni said...

YUMMY!!! The ice cream AND the card!!

Mandy said...

What a fabulous idea Amy, I love Fab ice lollies! x

Shari said...

Fabulous card.. Love the retro! Thank you for sharing.

Karen Steele said...

What a great card! Loving the gems as the 100's and 1000's!

~amy~ said...

Looks FABulous :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.