Tuesday 16 April 2013

It's just a number...

40 front
Hey!

I hope you've had a happy weekend. It's certainly starting to feel like spring has sprung around here and it couldn't come soon enough. Hello, sunshine! :)

But enough about the sunshine, how about some shiny card instead? It was my SIL's birthday the other weekend. Not just any birthday. A BIG birthday. Cue one of my favourite sentiments for the big birthdays and some shiny card (I know, it's gold. Again!) for a super quick CAS card that's a little sassy and a little cheeky too *wink*

tips and tricks
  • Stripes are so on trend right now. For my stripes I wanted thicker black stripes to accomodate the '40' and thinner white stripes to accommodate the stamped sentiment. I also knew that I wanted the top and bottom to be a black stripe. It takes a little bit of maths, but it's worth the brain-ache to make it fit!
  • Play with your scraps! The gold card is actually a scrap from this project. I had it lying on my desk and little did I know that it would actually end up shining in the spotlight of another project. 
The texture of that gold cardstock is hard to capture...but here's another angle anyways:

40
This card is also for our current challenge on A Passion for Papertrey. We wanna see you add texture to your creations. For me, I cheated opted for texture with card, but texture can mean anything you want it to!

Thank you so much for visiting today! :)

Signature2





Products Used 
N.B The gold cardstock is from my ancient stash. If anyone knows where you can purchase it from, feel free to drop me a note!




7 comments:

Lynn said...

Lovely. I love those bold stripes. I'm sure your sister-in-law loved this Aimes!

Taheerah said...

Hehe, love it Aimes!! Great bold design, and you just know I'm diggin' that gold!!

Maureen said...

I see you are working your magic again, Duchess! This card is just perfect in every way! The bold stripes with the softness of the gold...design perfection! ox

Wida said...

math on a card is HARD!!! but the result is fantastic!

Tasnim said...

Gorgeous! The bold stripes together with the gold numbers look so good!!

sandie said...

Fabulous Aimed, so striking x

Jenny said...

Very stylish and a tad nautical too!!
Jenny x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.