Sunday 7 November 2010

How much do I love thee? Let me count the buttons...

Hey!

What a glorious Sunny Sunday in Sheffield it is today - this is the kinda autumn that I love! Hope you've all had a super weekend so far...(it's not quite over yet so let's make the most of it!)

Excuse my twist on the famous Elizabeth Barrett Browning poem for my title today, but I just couldn't resist! Y'see if you look at the card I'm sharing with y'all today, I think you'll understand why:

Live Laugh Love

Get it now?! Yup, who else could I use so many precious green buttons on one card for but my gorgeous guy! I've had this card waiting ever-so patiently to be share with y'all for nearly a month; but due to life taking a turn towards the chaotic it's had to wait until now! It was made for our 10 year anniversary. Yup, 10 years ago on Oct 14th we decided that life would be much more fun spent together and it couldn't be more true!

Although it's a kinda CAS card it still took some thinking out so if you fancy trying this yourself then here's a few design tips:
  • There's method to the madness with placing those gorgeous green buttons. Chris' fave colour is green (just one of the many things we have in common) but in particular his fave shade is British Racing Green so check out the singular button in that shade at the centre of the heart to not only help to provide a focal point for your eyes to follow, but to represent where he is in my own heart (altogether now - "Awwwwww!")
  • I didn't feel pressured to use a 'happy anniversary' sentiment on his card. I think these three words sum up our fabulous 10 years together so far perfectly! I don't always feel bound to use what would always be the usual sentiment for an occasion!
  • For that li'l extra detail, and to balance the card I stamped a text background using Versamark. Without this, the card looked far too plain around the outside, and over-the-top busy in the centre (it hurt my eyes LOL!)
  • Last but not least, if you can find a guy that doesn't have the same favourite colour as you, then it reduces your anxiety levels loads when using so many buttons up in his fave colour *wink*!
I'm off to re-stock on green buttons....

Catch ya later!





Card Deets

{Live laugh Love}
Stamps: Text Style, Round and Round (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)/Versamark
Cardstock: Fresh Linen, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Mixed Green Vintage Buttons (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug/Concentric Hearts Die

30 comments:

Mandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Amy!

Mandy

Marion said...

Very very clever! Such a beautifully constructed card! You are sooo talented!

Dana said...

Awwwww. So sweet. I love the "bullets" on each point of your card...made it fun! And such a lovely card it is dear Amy!

Karen B. said...

This is one super amazing card. My eye DID go toward the darkest green button first, wonderful design! Hope you are able to enjoy your day today.

Lynn said...

10 years - that is awesome! very happy for you and your guy! I love all those buttons and the text background too!

Anonymous said...

love it to pieces!! :)

Josie said...

Aww... that's such a lovely card :) Love the buttons placement alot... although green is not really my fav color but ur card it's too sweet not to adore ! :D

Maureen said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and WOW!!! Aimes, this is over the top!! You have to explain to Chris that you need to submit it for publication!!! This is probably one of my favs of yours and honestly, when I first saw the green buttons, I thought, hmmm, that would make a great St. Patricks day birthday card for ME!!! LOL What a sweet little explanation of him being the center of your heart :) Oh, I really love this. Have a great Sunday...we had our time change last night so we gained an hour!! Woot, woot and a short week with Remembrance Day :) If I remember correctly, you get one too? hugs!!

Monica K. said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! :) What a perfect card. Love the green buttons in the heart! Very beautiful!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh Aimes what a gorgeous design and your tips are fab! I particularly loved the last one lol!
This is such a precious, timeless look, I shall keep it in mind :)
Hope all is ok.
Hugs, Katie x

Kathy Martin said...

Oh how I love buttons and this card creation! :)

Ann said...

It must be true love...check out all those GREEN buttons! :D

Linda said...

I love your card, most of all because it has buttons. I used to raid my mom's button tin when I was much younger. Thanks for Sharing!

Jen Carter said...

That is such a cute post!! Love the dialogue! This is a fantastic card! I love all those buttons and the thought that you went through when placing them!

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is so neat! I love all the buttons!

IamDerby said...

What a great card Aimes! Love all those yummy green buttons.

Jess said...

This is fantastic Aimes! Love the buttons peeping out from behind the cutout ;)

Anonymous said...

Amazing card, Aimes! I love the meaning behind the button placement and the sentiment. I bet your guy loves this beauty! x

Alex said...

Great card Aimes, I bet Chris will love it!

Hope all's well there and your Dad is making a full recovery.

Take care,

Alex x

Caryn said...

Hello my dear - glad to see you getting some time to chillax!! Great card and that little special button for Chris in the middle is just so cute - awwww. Did he notice or did you have to point it out???

Big hugs,
Caryn xxx

Taheerah said...

Congrats to the both of you on 10 wonderful years together Aimes!! Such a gorgeous, perfect card to mark the occasion. I know it must have almost pained you to use so many green buttons, but look at it this way - the advantage of making this for Chris at least means that you're not really giving it away! *wink*

Amy Kolling said...

I love that you gave up some of the buttons for this card! I enjoyed reading this post and I think the sentiment is PERFECT!!! That is one of my favorite quotes!

Andrea M said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aimes! Congrats on the 10 year anniversary!!! He must have just been stunned by this fabulous creation in his most fav of colors! WOW! It's so wonderful - the versamark text background is just the absolute perfect touch!

Christine Blain said...

Awwww! Love the card almost as much as I love the title of your post! Gorgeous!

Cindy Lee said...

Awesome card for your hubby, Amy!! I really love the meaning behind the buttons idea! Truly fabulous! Congrats on the 10th Anniversary!

I'm missing you gals already!!

Jenny said...

this is so cute, love it :) :) :) :) :)

Terri said...

Very cool! I bet he loved it. Happy Anniversary.

Sue said...

what a fantastic idea for an anniversary card Amy!! not too girly but still says 'love you lots'!! :)

Nerina said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE this card. Nothing more to be said. {{{HEART}}}

Paulina said...

WOW! Where do I even start?! First of all, love all the buttons- totally genius! I hoard buttons like crazy, so this is a GREAT way to use them in a super pretty way! Secondly, love the text that you stamped in Versamark- it's so perfect for this card. I'm sure your special guy LOVED this card. If not, he's crazy! LOL

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.