Wednesday 2 June 2010

Stuck in my mind...

Hey!

By the time you're reading this, I'm probably completely lost on the M60 trying to find my way to the Trafford Centre to meet up with my crafty peeps, Caryn and Taheerah for a girly trip to the cinema to see Sex and the City 2! If I don't make it ladies, feel free to eat the popcorn without me!

Anyways, enough of me lost on the motorway. Y'know when you see a card sketch, you get that said sketch totally stuck inside of your head and you can't do anything until you've got it outta your system? Well that's what happened with this sketch from the Paper Crafts Go-to Sketch Challenge #3

I know that I really wanted to try and make a card that was really pure and white; there's something sooooo pretty and elegant about that colour (well I know it's not officially a colour, but what else can I call it?!) when it stands alone. Yes, I kinda knew that I'd have to cave in and use a colour for my sentiment but I think I nearly cracked it:


This pic was taken VERY late at night so apologies for the lighting! I tried to divert your attention compensate by scattering some pretty vintage buttons in front of my card but I doubt that's worked LOL!


Now I've no idea what I'll use this card for, we've got a wedding coming up next month so I'm wondering if it would be good for it?!

Card Recipe
Stamps: PTI Damask Designs
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow
Card: PTI Stamper's Select White
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Cuttlebug Flower Die/PTI Impression Plate/PTI Vintage Buttons/Hero Arts Pearls/Tissue Paper


This card also qualifies for the Just Us Girls (JUGS) Challenge which is to use dry embossing on your card!

Wanna know the funniest part about this card?! After making it, photographing it and uploading it, I then realised that I hadn't followed the sketch properly - D'oh! That will teach me for being whisked away in a whirlwind of inspiration - LOL!

Catch ya later (if I manage to navigate my way home LOL!)

Aimes
x

25 comments:

Cammie said...

This is indeed very elegant! And it would make a lovely card for a wedding. I love the pearls, of course. Enjoy the movie, popcorn, and girl time!

~amy~ said...

WOW girlie...love your monochromatic take on that sketch!!!! It's a stunning creation...love it!!!

Courtney Baker said...

Amy this is gorgeous and I love your new pic!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Oh Amies! This is Beautiful! So elegant looking with all the white and the textures really add to this. The touch of gold makes it special. Definitely use it for a wedding card. And how was the girly adventure? Hope you had fun!

Vicki said...

Wow wee! How gorgeous and elegant is this, I just love it! I just love pure white cards (well nearly) and yet I've never made one, why! Aimes it's absolutely beautiful, you've outdone yourself (again)

Hugs
Vicki x

Heather P. said...

This is just beautiful, Aimes! I so *love* your style!!

I hope you have a great time w/your friends!! :)

Alex said...

Lovely card Aimes :) Something about white cards - so clean and fresh - love it.

I hope you manage to find your way around the M60 and you get to watch SATC 2 today!

Take care, enjoy the rest of the Half Term holidays.

Bye for now,

Alex x

AuroraDawn said...

Such a gorgeous card Aimes, I instantly thought wedding when I saw the photo, so its def okay for a wedding card :O)

Karen B. said...

Absolutely beautiful, I think you captured the sketch well too, even though it isn't the exact same. So many elements that are so lovely together, thanks for the inspiration.

Gwen said...

oh wow!! this is really pretty!

Lynn said...

Amy,
Your post made me laugh! I have visions of driving in my uncle's car when we would come visit England...he would always get lost on the way home from Gatwick to Epping! Love your card...especially the shape of it! Hope you got to enjoy your popcorn!!

Shauna said...

ooh I hit "publish" too quickly. I hope you made it to the movie with no major incidents!

Anonymous said...

I agree. I LOVE white on white. It's so elegant. And this would make a fabulous wedding card.

Lori said...

You are right Aimes, very elegant!! LOVE this card!!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is stunning, luv the elegance of the white and pearls....have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Terri said...

Hope you had fun with the other peeps and enjoyed the movie.
Pretty card too! I am sure you will find something to use it for!

Nerina said...

Wooohooo Aimes - you rocked this quite seriously (and a wise crafty gal once told me that if you don't follow the challenge exactly, you're just creative with rules ;0) This is totally gorgeous, and if it was MY wedding, I'd be so thrilled to get it and it would be treasured forever (go for it :0)!! Hope you enjoyed the movie AND got some popcorn!

peggysue said...

I was thinking wedding right away when I saw this card so yes, I would say it would be perfect! So pretty!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply fabulous card! Love the ornate shape & all the lil' flower embellishments! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

Susan Raihala said...

STUNNING! Simply stunning.

Caryn said...

This is stunning Aimes - would make a beautiful wedding or engagement card - love the Polka Dot background (has you CB recovered??).
Hugs,
caryn xxx

Maureen said...

this would be perfect for a wedding!!! Love the embossing and pretty blossoms. Cool frame too...permission to CASE!! Oh, I spelled Taheerah's name wrong in my last comment!! Eeek!! How do you pronounce it?

Susie W. said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning! As soon as I saw this card, I thought "wedding". Yes, go for it :)
I'll be adding your blog to my favorites!

AKiteFlier said...

Aimes this is stunning. Great way to do the embossing challenge! Very beautiful WHITE card. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again on Saturday!

The Nostalgic Scrapper said...

Hi...Thought I'd drop by your blog and check out the good stuff here... I love this card...never seen anything quite like it! Love the composition of this card... Thanks for the inspiration...

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.