Thursday 3 June 2010

An Embellish Challenge I Can't Refuse!

Hey!

What?! Another post this week?! Can't you tell I'm on half term *grin* Don't get used to it though, I'm sure once I'm back into the full swing of work I'll find much less time to get inky but the good news is that it's only 7 weeks until our long summer hols - yay!

The reason I'm posting again so soon is not only to put your mind at rest that I did not get lost on the M60 yesterday and made it there and back to meet some lovely crafty peeps, but because the deadline for a challenge is today and I was beyond desperate to play along!

That said challenge is the Embellish one, to create a project featuring butterflies with this colour palette:
Well if you know me, you know that it would have almost been sinful for me not to play along with challenge that seems to be ticking all my yes boxes! Earthy tones, green, butterflies, need I say more?!
I wanted to step out of my comfort zone a little though so tried a long/tall card. I also used a punch rather than a stamp for my butterfly. I purchased this cool punch AGES ago and it's been sat, neglected, just waiting for this day to arrive when it would get to shine!

Now on the pic you can't see just how much dimension this punch gives; my butterfly is much more defined against the spring moss backing, but it kinda blends into the black card on the pic.
I think you're just gonna have to take my word for it and use your imagination (not hard for you creative lot, surely!)

Card Recipe
Stamps: Around and About Sentiments/Polka Dot Basics II
Ink: Memento Black/Versamark
Card: Kraft (from stash)/PTI True Black and Spring Moss
Paper: PTI Bitty Box Basics Spring Moss/True Black
Accessoreis: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/EK Success Border Punch/Tonic Butterfly Punch/Jute Ribbon Twine/Corner Rounder Punch/PTI Button

I had a fab time with Caryn and Taheerah last night - it was a fab girly get together! It was so easy getting to our meeting point (The Trafford Centre) that I can't wait to do it again! Oh and I highly recommend SATC2 as a super chick flick too ;D!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

23 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent card! Love how the butterfly 'pops' out!

Ann said...

Oooh, love this one, Aimes! Today is my first day of summer break--woohoooo!!!! Hoping to play along with this one myself today. :D

Caryn said...

Hey, fab card hun. Love that punch - very effective with the colour showing through.

Had a brilliant time yesterday, it was lovely chatting with you and Taheera. Couldn't get up this morning though - I was shattered!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Cammie said...

Fantastic card,Aimes! That butterfly does indeed pop, and I love those tiny twine antennae.

Maureen said...

gorgeous little butterfly...I have that punch too but my other ones always take over...must use it!!! and soon before it's time to bring the snowflakes back!! LOL Love the polka dots on kraft and the skinny little strips :) Oh, how did you like the movie? I'm going Sat with my sis and niece. I am a diehard fan and think I will be a tad disappointed (as I was with the first)...but at least I'll know that it will not be like the series...and I'll just have fun with it. Hey!! I didn't realize that you and Taharee are buddies in real life!! I sent her a bunch of tissue paper after a PTI blog hop as she said she didn't have any :) It took 2 days to get there in an envelope!!! UGH!!!! Too bad parcels can't do that :) Enjoy your week....we're counting down now...17.5 days of work :)

Karen B. said...

This card is stunning. I'm not sure what I like the most, so I will just list them all. Creative use of the shape of the card, love the punch, love the krafty circles and love your patterned paper. So awesome.

Heather P. said...

Wow, how fabulous is this?! Love the unusual card size, and the uneven strips of black patterned paper are such a fun element!!

Courtney Baker said...

Very pretty girl and those antenna's are genius!

Vanessa said...

Your card is fabulous, Aimes! I thought of you when I saw the colors for this challenge! That punched butterfly is beautiful and I love how you used that twine. Glad to hear you had a great time!

Hugs,
Vanessa x

Lori said...

I knew you would make it there back safe and sound!! So glad you had a great time!!
Wasn't this color challenge fabulous?! I love love love your card!!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is beautiful! Love the long look of the card, the twine, the butterfly! All of it!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Beautiful Aimes and very you! Sounds like you had a fab girlie night too. I think I'm going to check that challenge out :) xx

Vicki said...

Oh I,m so jealous you have seen Sex and the city 2 and I haven't :( ....lol sounds like you had a super time! I love these long cards you sometimes do, they are so different, great design.

Hugs
Vicki x

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the butterful too :-D

Dana said...

Oooh, I love the tall skinny look of this card Aimes. And that butterfly punch focal is awesome! But the best is the curved sentiment that just fits so well...

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card Aimes! I love it..that butterfly looks SO PERFECT!! everything is great about this card..

Nerina said...

This is amazing Aimes! Personally I would have found this a TOUGH challenge - these colours with a butterfly, but you ROCKED this one severely! Love the size, love the twine, love the dots, love the binding punch - and LOVE your dimensional butterfly! WOW - it's ALL GOOD!

Christine Blain said...

Aimes, you're amazing. STUNNING challenge entry. Love everything about it .. can't list all the bits, because they just come together perfectly. LOVE THIS CARD!!!

debbi taylor said...

I love these colours! and the butterfly looks beautiful! x

Terri said...

Very nice! The butterfly is very cool. Glad to hear you had a great time with the other pti gals too!

Ted said...

Aimes! Loving this card and you nailed the challenge (as you always do). That dimensional flutterby is great and the twine is a perfect match for this "nature" card. :) Well done!

Amy Kolling said...

Aimes...wow that butterfly is awesome with the green behind it!! What a fantastic idea!! I also love the tall skinny card style!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Super cute! Love the card layout! Thanks for joining the Embellish Butterflies Color Challenge!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.