Monday 8 February 2010

Simply Sweet!

Hey!

I'm battling a horrid cold at the mo, it's managed to steal my weekend from me and make me feel pretty 'bleurgh!' so excuse me if my sniffles result in any typos on this post - my brain just isn't working at all!!!

The only thing I could force myself to do this weekend was make the sweet little cards I'd promised myself I'd make to raise funds for the British Heart Foundation. I was so tempted to just sleep, but I'd already asked my boss if I could sell the cards so he was expecting them this morning. Best not to disappoint my boss, I got inky...


These do look much sweeter IRL, if you think that they're only 3x3 inches in size and come complete with their own Kraft Envie, with 'To' and 'From' stamped on *sigh*. I know no-one else appreciates how sweet the envelopes are but I'm hoping you'll share my strange fondness for things like that!

So here's a closer look at each card:


...and this is Chris' fave - yes, I forced him to pick one and it did take him some time LOL! I think it's the bold colour combo that he's gone for, though I'm surprised he didn't choose a green card!


...and here's another shot of the lil' button card. I think this one is my fave, no wait, I think the cat one is, no, ooh, I can't choose! The main reason I've featured this lil' card is because of the Papertrey Peeps' (a group of amazing PTI addicts who've got together) current challenge which is to feature a button on your card - I think this qualifies! Feel free to join in this challenge too!



Card Recipes
Stamps: Tiny Treat: Valentine/Polka Dot Basics II
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White/Various PTI Colours!
Ink: Memento Black/Various PTI Colours!
Accessories: Promarkers/White Gel Pen/Fine Black Pen/Aqua Mist Vintage Button/White Button Twine


...and last but my no means least, these cards are my example for our shiny new challenge over on our A Passion for Papertrey blog. Our challenge is to create something for Valentines - easy peasy right!? I hope you can play along!

OK I'm signing off now, the hot lemon and honey are calling me!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

25 comments:

Emma said...

Awh my little snuffly bud - sending you healing squishes through the ether :D

I can not believe how dreamy these are, honestly they are top notch. Between the yummiest colouring I have seen you do but the fab layouts - you are on fire :D

I WANT THIS SET (sigh) but unbelievably I have a card already to upload for the challenge (spooky coincidence), will do it on Friday I think.

Take care Aimes xx

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Hi Aimes! so sorry you are not feeling well. Your cards turned out super cute! I love how you colored all of them. I'm sure everyone will appreciate the work you put into them along with the envies. PS: love the little button card too!

Tkat said...

your cards are spectacular!!!!!!! and i totally know the feeling -- can't choose -- you just love them all, eh?? LOL

Sharron said...

Your little cards are all adorable! Such a nice thing for you to do, especially on a weekend when you weren't feeling well. Love your coloring! Have lots of hot tea and rest and feel all better soon....

Heidi said...

Aaww Aimes they are darling!!! I love every one of them! No wonder it took Chris so long to pick! I hope you're feeling better really quickly. Being sick is no fun at all!

Julie said...

Amies,
I'm so sorry to hear your not feeling well, tell your other half that lots of TLC is needed.
The cards are sooo cute and i have to say the button card would be my fav too.
Take Care - Ju xx

GEMMA said...

Hey Aimes, I LOVE these cards! They are just so cute. I think it's confirmed for me even more that I want that stamp set, and the polkadot background too!

I hope your starting to feel better really soon, I hate it when bugs steal your weekend.

Love Gem x

Claire Ellen Designs said...

Just sooooooooooooo darn cute ! I love them all, but for me..... the button most definatly does it. So sorry you are poorly hun, get well wishes are on their way,
hugs,
Claire xx

Taheerah said...

Oh Aimes, all these little cards are *perfect*!! Just love the way you've co-ordinated them all!! Really reminds me that I should give my Tiny Treats set more love!!

Hope you feel better soon honey. [hugs]

Heather P. said...

EEEEEK! I love these! Like seriously LOVE them... So fabulous, Aimes! :)

Hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Terri said...

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. You did a great job on the cards though! They are definitely Super Sweet The button one is perfect for the Peeps challenge too. Hope you feel better soon!

shery said...

cute cards

Linda W said...

They're all positively adorable. So sweet in their simplicity. Hope you feel better real soon.

Lori said...

Oh Aimes I just love them all!!! I was thinking of making some small cards tonight myself, yours are all perfect!!!
Hope you feel better real soon!! (((((HUGS)))))

Cammie said...

Hey Aimes, these are adorable! Love the way they coordinate and the little kraft envies sound too cute! Great little card for the Peeps challenge.
Hope you're on the mend soon.

Maureen said...

totally adorable!! I think he chose that one for the sentiment :) The button one is my favourite...love the colours and the button and the polkadots!! But as a set, I love them all :) I hope you feel better...ugh...no fun being sick...sending you healing light and virtual chicken soup from Canada :)

Ann said...

Ugh! Sorry to hear you've been feeling bad...I was sick for several days last week, and am just now getting back to my old self.

Your cards are SO CUTE!!! I love them all!

~amy~ said...

oh soooo sweet!!! Hope you feel better sista!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

"My main Squeeze" has to be my favourite, i'd snap it up! I appreciate the amazing little envelopes you've created, I can just picture them, I bet they are adorable.
As for getting Chris to choose a favourite, I was in stitches laughing. I always do that and it drives hubby crazy, he totally doesn't enjoy it lol!
Wishing you a speedy recovery, sending blogging hugs your way xx

Angy said...

I am a peep and haven't completed the button challenge yet. Need to - would have been so busy to just add buttons to one of my last projects but I kept forgetting. Anyway, just wanted to say I love those sweet little cards. I have that set and had visions of doing these cute little cards but have run out of time ~ especially with sickness and subbing at the school. Great job!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Hi Aimes, how are you?
tes creations sont géniales, j'adooore ce que tu fais
Bisous

Alex said...

These cards are adorable Aimes! I'm so pleased they sold well for a good cause :)

Enjoy your day,

Alex x

IamDerby said...

These are amazing! I love this set, one of my most favorites. Catching up on my commenting today... your blog is always so full of wonderful stuff! I love everythingyou do!

Monica K. said...

Oh my goodness, how did I miss seeing these? Your TT cards are awesome! Your coloring is fantastic!!

Stephanie said...

These are absolutely adorable!!! I know I'm late in posting a comment (I didn't even know what stamping was last Feb....lol) but I had to comment on just how darling these are! You did a fantastic job!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.