Tuesday 15 December 2009

Christmas Chaos!

Hey!

Well I'm well and truly up to my eyeballs with the chaos that is Christmas! In true Aimes style I've left everything to the last minute; in fact, I'm about to dash off with Chris for a spot of late night shopping in the hope I can finally say, "I've done my Christmas shopping!" And don't even get me started on work - total mayhem with very excited students (and adults alike!)

Anyways enough whinging, how about some crafting?

Here's a couple of things I can show you from my recent crafty sessions:

Firstly, a my secret Santa - decorated in true PTI style! Recipe Stamps - Stocking Prints/Holiday Tree Ink - Spring Rain Card - Stampers' Select White/Spring Rain Accessories - Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Vintage Cream Satin Ribbon/Martha Stewart Border Punch

As soon as this pressie was pulled from the tub, everyone knew it was from me LOL! I was hoping to pull it from the tub for myself as I'd bought a scrummy cinnamon soap from Covent Garden market, but I ended up with Jelly Tots instead! Oh well, at least it went to a colleague who loved it and will give it a good home!

Secondly, have you checked out the new challenge on our PTI blog? It's entitled Macho Macho Man! I had that song stuck in my head at the time though you don't have to sing it, you just have to create something with a masculine air to it! As my Christmas stamps are very inky at the mo, and within easy reach, I decided to dedicate this challenge to creating a card for my Honey:
Good job he loves green! LOL!

I kinda like the different colours - I used soft stone as my neutral card, that way the fresh snow ink shows up making a nice but modern winter scene. The ribbon twine was originally white too, but once I'd dragged it through my smokey shadow inkpad it coordinated fantastically with the rest of the card! A word of warning though, you do get VERY inky fingers doing this, be careful what you touch straight after (and yes, that includes your face ;D)

Recipe Stamps: Holiday Tree/Vintage Labels Ink: New Leaf/Smokey Shadow/Fresh Snow Card: Smokey Shadow/New Leaf/Soft Stone Accessories: New Leaf Vintage Button/Cuttlebug/Cuttlebug Swiss Dot Embossing Folder/Nestabilities/True Black Saddle Stitch Ribbon/White Ribbon Twine

I've also had my arm twisted by some of my students to give them a handmade card - though with one condition: they had to feature a cat! Well I've nearly done it - just gotta stick 'em together (the card btw, not the students!), take a piccy, and give 'em! I'll upload them soon!

Right then, that's all I've got for now - I'm off to get some more Christmas shopping done!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

7 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Super cute packaging and card!

Emma said...

Awh darling hope you are not too stressed. Hasn't hampered your amazing crafting abilities though with these two beauties.

Hope the Christmas shopping goes well :D

Emma xx

~amy~ said...

Lovely card!!! That green rocks...yes, I'm experiencing the Christmas chaos too..sigh.

Alex said...

Love the masculine Christmas card Aimes, great detail with the ribbon twine covered in Smokey Shadow ink.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Christmas card featuring a cat.

Hope you've had a successful shopping trip.

Bye for now,

Alex

Alison said...

Jelly tots!! ROFL! I don't know what to say about that...

Great card - love all that green goodness. I noticed the edge around the nestie label - that looks terrific, I'm lovin' it!

I've not done DH's card yet - but Ive got an idea for it, at least. I'm not finished with my Xmas shopping yet, either.

Cant wait to see the cat creations, btw. But I think the students would be all the better for a bit of glue stick 'n glitter on em!

Alison x

Maureen said...

Love the macho card!! I've been thinking of what to make for my dh this year...this has me thinking!! I was leaning towards the "Snowbunny" Bella...but then I might make it too "girly." I may stick with a tree like yours! What age are your students? And LOL...I've tried to get my own gift at exchanges too!!! Sometimes I like mine best!

Ann said...

Glad to know I'm not the only last-minute Lucy out there! Great creations--LOVE that green card!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.