Thursday 30 July 2009

Rainy Days...

Hey!

Well my previous creation in a mere attempt to summon the sun totally didn't work did it?! It's been just wet, grey and miserable here so far! Let hope this means next week will be lovely and sunny...

I really wanted to colour last night - my mind is feeling kinda full what with a new car to sort, a new place to move to and a week by the seaside to plan for! I find the best thing to do is just to sit and colour at times like this - it reminds me of being a kid again, just colouring away without a care in the world *sigh*

I thought that as I wanted to colour I'd enter this week's challenge over on the Passion For Promarkers blog - I actually had the two colours for the challenge this time, Pastel Pink & Cool Aqua. Another condition to enter was that you also had to use this sketch:I just couldn't for the life of me get this sketch to work - do you ever get that sometimes? I went to sleep on it and still awoke this morning with no solution! This card was screaming, "Don't stick me down like that - I'll look so much better the other way!" Needless to say I went with the card's opinion so it's got elements of the sketch but all mixed up a little!
I think the image is quite appropriate for the kinda summer we're having so far LOL! Now I could go and catch real raindrops to add to this card but that would make it soggy! Instead, I added some Glossy Accents to the puddle and raindrops just to make it that more realistic...
Oooh one more thing, the gems were originally clear, but thanks to a tutorial over on the PFP blog I found out you can colour them with Promarkers to match your project. How cool is that? Coordinating bling!
Card Recipe
Stamps: Image was from a swap (Ta Alison!) but I think it's Magnolia Stamps, Tilda holding an Umbrella?! Sentiment: Stampendous - Garden Box Set
Ink: Memento Black
Card: DCWV Brights Mat Pack, White (from Stash)
Accessories: Promarkers, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Vintage Cream Satin Ribbon (PTI), Clear Gems, Glossy Accents, White Gel Pen

Thanks so much for stopping by - I really appreciate it and all of the lovely comments you leave too!

Off to indulge myself in my PTI stash now!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

17 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Aimes, what an adorable card and as you say very appropriate at the moment. I love the image and your colouring is awesome. Great take on the sketch too. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Wiccababe said...

gorgeous card Amy, and your colouring is fab
thanks for joining us this week on PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

Emma said...

Helloooo sweetie,

Well I never, Aimes does the girly thing and totally rocks my world with it. You were just pretending you couldn't do it ;D This is so adorable, I too have an itch sometimes for the cute and cuddly. Your colouring as alwyas is awesome and she looks so bright and sparkly.

When I have figure out how to find your email address I'll send you my addy (if I can't i'll send you a PM over at ILWS).

Take care,

Emma x

Natalie said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

Caryn said...

I had to laugh at you arguing with the card!! It obviously knew what it was talking abough though as it has turned out beautifully!! I love the image and the little glossy raindrops. Thanks for joining us over at PFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Suzanne said...

Amy this is gorgeous and I love your Tilda. Thank You for joining us at PFP Sue :o)

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Aimes. Love the image you've used and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Alex said...

Beautiful card Aimes, love the stamped image and your colouring and gems :)

Great card.

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

Ann said...

Oooh, your coloring turned out awesome! Love the glossy accents, too! And I TOTALLY hear you about sketches--sometimes my brain just cannot figure them out! ;)

Julie said...

This card is so beautiful, I love the little gems as rain drops they are sooooo cute, as yes your right - it does sum up our summer so far. I'm off to Legoland tomorrow for my litle ones birthday - I've got everything crossed that it doesnt rain.
Take Care and have a great weekend.
Ju xxx

Ida / Little said...

Hi, what a gorgeous card, lets hope the rain soon will go away, its been raining worldwide for to long now! Great idea to flip the sketch, your papers with the gorgeous Tilda are looking fab! Thanks for joining us at PfP this week! :)

Hugs Ida

memory-scrap said...

Thats so cute!! I love the glossy raindrops and puddle and your colouring is amazing. You certainly got it right with your summer image, what a washout of a summer we are having!! I went shopping yesterday and bought pac-a-macs (i mean Pac-a-macs in July just isn't right is it?!!), Take care, Jane xx

Stephanie said...

OMGosh Aimes, don't think I've ever seen you do cute before - superb job! Lovely colours and what fantastic colouring :)

I'll have to pop some images in the post to you - anything to see more of these cards from you!

Big Hugs
Steph xxx

helen said...

a great take on the sketch and a fab image coloured beautifully, thanks for joining us at pfp this week
hugs
helen x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Hi Amy, this is stunning, I love it hun, thanks so much for playing along.

Hugs

Sarah

Alison said...

Hi Aimes - I'm doing a major catch up with your blog!
You've done a gorgeous job of colouring Tilda!! She certainly sums up our English summer weather..
I know what you mean about sketches sometimes needing to flip/ rotate - I do it regularly otherwise you give yourself a headache!
Right,I'm off to check out your recent posts!

Anonymous said...

Very soon this website will be famous among all blogging and site-building people, due to it's
fastidious posts

Have a look at my blog post :: Oxnard

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.