Sunday 19 April 2009

Papertrey Challenge No.4

Hey!

What a gorgeous weekend we've had here - fantastic sunshine + crafting time = bliss!!

Kinda sad to be going back to work tomorrow after an amazing 2 weeks off but I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things after a couple of days back into the hectic workplace!

So to make the most of my last day off I just had to play with some of my new crafting goodies and now I've got some PTI goodies to call my own I thought I'd play along with A Passion For Papertrey's challenge (to use scallops). In typical Aimes style I'm cutting it as close to the deadline as possible LOL!

So here's what I came up with:

I combined the PTI goodies with my new Stamp Barn set I purchased in Canada - I'm lovin' that little birdie! I'm only starting in my ever-expanding PTI goodies stash so a couple of the embellishments are from other companies but one day I'm sure I'll have quite a few more PTI goodies to create with LOL!

As I had a few scraps I decided to go to town on decorating the inside of my card.
Hope you like it and had a fabulous weekend whatever the weather! Only 5 more working days until the next weekend - yay!


Card Recpie
(All PTI unless stated!)
Stamps: The Stamp Barn: Sunshine Designs
Ink: Versamagic Chalk Ink: Aquatic Splash, Jumbo Java, Hint of Pesto
Card: Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, White Card (Paperchase), Bitty Dot Basics - Aqua Mist and Dark Chocolate
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Ripe Avocado Ribbon, Brown Dotty Ribbon (Hobbycraft), Buttons (Basic Grey), Fabric Flower (Papermania)

On a final note: I have some pics - hurrah!! Turns out that cups of tea are the way to persuade my boyfriend to get a move on LOL! So here are a few I've selected for here - if you're interested you can check the rest out on my flickr account or facebook (I'll insert a link when I find time to upload them properly!). We took LOADS of pics so I just picked a select few to upload - I guess the same pics get quite repetitive LOL!

Firstly - Toronto at night!
Secondly, the skyline of Toronto!
Last but not least, the majestic Niagara Falls!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Aimes
x

10 comments:

Sarah B said...

Love the card, but the photos of your holiday are incredible, wow what a time you must have had, Hugs Sarah B X

debbi taylor said...

lovely card and photos looks liken you had a great time x

Alex said...

Congratualations on your new PTI purchases, I'm sure you had a fab time shopping out in Canada for lots of crafting goodies :)

Great pictures too, I've yet to see Niagra Falls, one day...

Have a good week back at work tomorrow.

Bye for now,

Alex x

Kate Lewis said...

Hi honey! Welcome home - glad you got your new parcel ok, yep it does rock doesn't it!!! Love the card - great design and makes me want to go and use some Ripe Avocado right now! Very very cute birdie too!

Thanks for posting your pics - looks like you had a great time, I love the picture of Niagra Falls, would love to go there someday!

Thanks for joining in the challenge!
Kate x

Stephanie said...

What a fabulous card Amy - your style is always so original & impressive - love it! & thanks for joining in :) Piccies are amazing, thanks for the taster, I await the link to see more! xxx

Daniela F. said...

Hee, what a sweet birdie card! Your pictures look awesome, too - totally makes me want go on a holiday trip right now :)

Sara said...

I'm so envious after looking at your travel pix. Glad you had such a fabby time. The colours for your card were a surprise. I wouldn't have thought they'd have worked but they do. Love the detail on the inside. Sara xx

Emma said...

WOW Aimes - what a lucky girl you were. What a skyline and Niagra falls look amazing. Love the card btw - but you already knew that from ILWS. Thanks for stopping by my place.

Take care xx

Ann said...

I love the colors on this card, and I'm glad you showed us the inside as well.

Amazing pics, too! ;)

Alison said...

Wow Aimes - that is such a great card. The bird is the cutest! I struggle to do this style but you've got it down to a 'T'. Fantastic photos - are you going to scrap them? They'd look great on a canvas. I'd love to visit Canada one day.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.