Saturday 21 March 2009

Papertrey Challenge!

Hey!

I've been sooooooo lucky this week! I was fortunate enough to receive a package from the Papertrey Ink Fairy Godmother (aka Steph!) Thank you so, so, so much! You're such a kind and generous crafter!


With the gorgeous samples of goodies I received I was so excited that I could now play along with the Papertrey Blog that Kate & Steph have been wonderful enough to create!


So there I was, all psyched up and ready for the challenge but I wasn't quite prepared at how challenging it would be. I mean to make a card with only ONE layer? Impossible! C'mon Kate, give a card-maker a break - a card without layers is like a cream cake without cream LOL!


As I needed to make a Mother's Day card (Yup, typical Aimes, leaving things until the last minute again!) I decided that I MUST conquer this challenge or risk no Mother's Day card. The consequences of which are unthinkable to say the least LOL!


Well after some serious thinking - and I mean serious (I was awake at night trying to work this baby out!) and some inspiration from some of Kate's creations I had a brainwave! I have no Papertrey Ink Stamps (yet......!) so my option was pretty limited to paper punches or die cut shapes along with ribbon as an embellishment.


Anyways after my sleepless night, I awoke this morning and got straight to work. This is what I made:


I'm kinda happy with it! This is what I pictured in my head so I can't complain really! I decided to think about taking a layer out to make an interesting focal point and replaced the aperture with acetate. Then taking inspiration from Kate's butterfly card (which is simply stunning!) I used my daisy paper punch to create the flowers. I added the doodles with my white gel pen - it dried a treat on the acetate!



I spent most of my time trying to tie the perfect bow. Fortunately Alex gave me some links to videos on You Tube which really helped, you can check them out here and here - thanks Alex! I'm still going to have to practise on my bow-tying technique but the main thing is to persist. I must have spent a good 10mins fiddling with this bow until I got it exactly how I liked it!



My verdict on the Papertrey goodies...they're AMAZING! It's fantastic quality, the card is so sturdy along with the designer paper and that ribbon is so easy to coax into a bow! I've already put my order in for a few papers, ribbons and a stamp set so hopefully I can play along with another challenge real soon!

Card Recipe
All Papertrey Ink
Paper/Card: Lemon Tart & Bitty Baby Blessings Collection
Accessories: Sweet Blush Grosgrain Ribbon, Nestabilities (Scalloped Square), Cuttlebug, White Gel Pen, Adhesieve Gems

Thanks for stopping by!



Aimes

x

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh Aimes - what a pretty card & how come you always do something a little bit special (clever clogs) - love it! xxx

Heather in FL said...

That is so beautiful! I love how you did the scalloped square cutout and the stamping on the clear. So nice.

Ann said...

So pretty! Love that ribbon!

Kate Lewis said...

Wow Aimes! You're too clever for us!! What an amazing idea - absolutely love it (and your bow!) Glad you enjoyed the challenge hehe!!! Thanks for joining in! Hugs Kate xxxx

Alex said...

Good job on the card! You've perfected that bow just so ;) Good old "You Tube", lol.

Thanks for sharing your creations.

Alex x

AuroraDawn said...

I love it, what a beautiful card

AD

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.